After doing my head in for the last couple of nights trying to figure out how to do the concertina part, this wallet it is finally done!
But don't look too closely!
I was thinking to myself I really need to wait until the day time to take better photos but then I thought about it and figured the poor lighting is probably going to work in my favour in this instance :o)
I made this wallet to go with the Vintage Tote I made last week.
I didn't use a pattern, figured I could work it out for myself, yeah, I was chewing that bite for a while, lol.
Actually, it wasn't too bad until I got to the part to put the coin pocket in, then I realised I was going to run in to some difficulty. That is a lot of layers for my poor little machine to sew through, but it managed. What I didn't take in to consideration was that the stitching would show through on the outside of the wallet. Nothing like bright red stitching against light fabric to show up all your mistakes hey! Still I must remind myself this is only my third sewing project and that I will improve with practice.
With this patterned fabric I had to give some consideration to which way it would be facing when the wallet was folded closed so I decided to do it in three pieces.
I created a pocket in the back of the wallet. I had actually done a pretty good job of this in the first instance then when I turned it over I realised I had sewn through the pocket. Second time around I didn't conceal the red lining well enough. Oh well,live and learn
I considered making some bias binding from the red lining material to put around the outside edge of the wallet to hide my wonky stitching but I'm not sure. Sounds like a lot of hand stitching to me....
All in all I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Again, it's all a learning experience and I think I am improving with each project.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and for your kind comments.
Please leave a link so I can come visit you too.
I am added my wallet to the following linky parties: